The history of the Terlouw Machine Factory began in 1924. This Rotterdam company was initially a dealer for the renowned brand of engine: De Industrie. By guaranteeing an unusually high level of quality, Terlouw quickly gained many loyal clients in the commercial shipping sector.
After the production of ‘De Industrie’ motors was stopped in 1979, Terlouw was one of the few to continue on in full-service repair and revision. Up to this day, the company still delivers parts to the farthest corners of the world.
In the 70s
In the 1970s, J.C. Terlouw became a dealer agency for “Volvo Penta” diesel engines. The company grew quickly as a result and eventually opened a second establishment in the harbour of Seaport Marina IJmuiden.
The complete dealer structure of Volvo Penta changed in 2009 and all dealers are now divided into Centers and Service Dealers. The “Centers” are the head distributors and the point of contact for businesses, service dealers and private individuals. Terlouw signed its Center contract on September 17.
On July 1, 2010 the management of J.C. Terlouw B.V. decided to change the company name to “Terlouw Rotterdam”. This decision was made to make the name more catchy and recognisable for the market.
After all these years, Terlouw grew quite literally out of its jacket and opened on May 25, 2012 the doors to its new building! The premises meet all of the most modern requirements that you can expect from a repair and trading company. Furthermore, the styling was fully designed by an architect, making it a very pleasant environment to work in.
New building, new corporate identity! Terlouw is changing tack, and its image as well!
On January 1, 2013, Terlouw Rotterdam was selected as the center of choice for the industrial sector.